Updated: May 3, 2019
Everyone loves homemade cookies but it’s hard to find a good recipe that pleases everyone. I stumbled across a recipe on Pinterest for chocolate chip cookies and I’ve found that you can use the dough recipe to make whatever kind of cookies you’d like! I made the dough and did a few different batches around Christmas to make gift bags for my coworkers and it was a huge success! Everyone loved them! I made chocolate chip coconut, peanut butter chip and I stumbled upon a bag of Reese’s peanut butter cup mixed with Reese’s pieces at Giant so I couldn’t help myself. Seriously, they were amazing!
You only need a few ingredients and after 10 minutes in the oven, they are the perfect homemade cookie! It doesn’t take a lot of time to prep either. If you are doing multiple batches like I did, set up separate bowls so you can mix in different things. I will supply you with the recipe which makes about 10-15 cookies depending on your preference in size. Let's get baking!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter in the microwave until it’s completely melted but not boiling hot. I used unsalted sweet cream butter and it came out perfect. Once butter is melted, blend it with your sugars using a hand mixer. Blend until everything is mixed entirely and then add your vanilla extract and egg. Only beat these together for about 10-15 seconds so your cookies come out soft. If you beat it too much, it makes the egg too firm so your cookies will not be the best when it comes to texture.
3. Add your flour, salt and baking soda. Blend until it looks crumbly. Once that’s completed, you are now ready to get your hands dirty, unless you use gloves like I did. I hate getting stuff under my nails.
4. Start to squish everything together and add your last ingredient. (Chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, whatever you like) If you are interested in the chocolate chip coconut cookies, I added a half cup of sweetened coconut flakes but you can always add more or less, whatever you desire.
5. Mold your dough into little balls and smooth them out by rolling them in your hands. Place on a cookie sheet with aluminum foil keeping about 2 inches in-between each one. Only cook them for 10 minutes. Once you remove them from the oven, give them a solid 5 minutes to cool down and form into the best homemade cookies I’ve had in a long time. Indulge and enjoy!
Photos courtesy of Pinterest.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below! How did your batch turn out? Like and subscribe for more tips.